Wednesday 4 September 2013

Premonition 

Few words on Personal Note.

Suddenly some times with no sign  or suggestion some thing strikes our mind which gives momentum for thoughts to flow. Some such thing happened to me one early morning even before the Sun rose to illumine the world around, when I switched on the TV and the Open Space, the serial dealing  with biblical wordsflashed on the screen. 

The words in the Psalm were as follows "Lord, make me know mine end, and the measure of my days, that I may know how frail I am". The words appeared to me significant for looking back on the and events that have been in my life earlier and think of the present which i am now living. 

Human beings take life too much for granted, knowing not when one has to depart from this body, Death knocking on the door making his presence felt. The unwise ones spend their life in the body, never knowing when they have to discard it, never planning their present moments ever looking to the past moments that have gone and dreaming and hoping for future uncertain moments. Wise ones remembering and learning from their past moments live their present moments wisely and well never dreaming and hoping for the future moments.

Therefore the Psalm is relevant. It makes one conscious that departure from the body is certain, though one doesmknow when. Therefore he prays God to let him know when the end would come and how many days yet remain to live in the body. Knowledge instils fear in the heart of the weak and ignorant; instils confidence and determination to  make best use of the days available.  Remember the toothpaste tube! Even when some paste yet remains in the tube unwise ones throw the whole tube while the wise ones squeeze the tube to extract as must paste as there exists in the tube. 

I thought of this since long.  When I completed sixty years of my life in the present body,  I decided to squeeze as much from my life as I could. My studies in spiritual subjects, which till then were intermittent and sporadic were made continuous and intensive. Even as my studies continued even so did my being 
receptive to strange reverberations in mind, reflecting on them I chose to put them in words. What I wrote, some liked it and some didn't. 

Since then I have been writing books, published some and the rest uploaded on my web site. I never claimed that I am a writer or wise one in philosophy. Those who read my books some complimented me for what I have expressed, some others commented that there more spelling mistakes and grammatical horrors.  It mattered me little, because what I had written was enriching my life, there was no regret because I wrote for making myself clear in mind, never wrote for others to accept recognition. 

I will continue to do what I am doing. Therefore if Gods make me to know my end and the measure of my days, then it will help me to know how frail I am and use the rest of days well. So help me God.

000000

No comments:

Post a Comment